This stylish 1776 Betsy Ross Flag T-Shirt is the perfect statement piece to express your patriotic side in comfort and style! Showcase your national pride with this attractive statement fashion piece that resonates with the courageous actions of the men and women who came before us.
The Betsy Ross Flag, featuring 13 stars in a circle and 13 alternating red and white stripes, is often regarded as one of the earliest flags of the United States. The flag symbolizes the original 13 colonies that declared their independence from Great Britain in 1776.
The popular story of Betsy Ross, a Philadelphia seamstress, creating the first American flag at the request of George Washington, Robert Morris, and George Ross in 1776 emerged in 1870 when her grandson, William J. Canby, presented a paper to the Historical Society of Pennsylvania claiming that his grandmother had sewn the flag.
The Continental Congress adopted the 13-star flag on June 14, 1777, with the Flag Resolution stating: “Resolved, That the flag of the thirteen United States be thirteen stripes, alternate red and white; that the union be thirteen stars, white in a blue field, representing a new constellation.”
Although the true origins of the Betsy Ross Flag remain uncertain, it continues to be an important symbol of American history and patriotism.
- Leepson, M. (2005). Flag: An American Biography. Thomas Dunne Books/St. Martin’s Press.
- Eichhorn, A. (2011). The Myth of Betsy Ross: The History of the American Flag. Rosen Publishing Group.
- Mastai, B. L. (1973). The Stars and the Stripes: The American Flag as Art and as History from the Birth of the Republic to the Present. Knopf.
Taking Premium to a New Level.
The Details Behind Our Premium Tee’s High-Quality Design:
• Premium Quality: Experience all-day comfort and durability with our Ultra-Soft Airlume Combed and Ring-Spun Cotton.
• Above and Beyond: There’s NO cotton that is as soft and strong.
• Itch-free, Tag-less design.
• Proudly designed in the USA by a veteran-owned company.
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping.
• Pre-shrunk fabric.
• Side-seamed construction.
• Heather colors contain polyester.